I qualified into the Employment Department in August 2013.
I advise employers and individuals on all aspects of the employment relationship from preparing to hire an employee to negotiating an exit and issuing or defending claims if necessary. I have successfully represented both employer and employee clients in claims for unfair dismissal, discrimination, including disability discrimination, and whistleblowing. I have also acted for clients seeking to enforce post termination restrictions and confidentiality obligations.
I regularly advise clients on redundancy processes and procedures including where collective consultation obligations are triggered. I have provided corporate support on transactional matters including advising clients on the impact of TUPE on business transfers and service provision changes.
I also provide clients with commercial and practical advice on how best to handle day to day employment issues, whilst limiting potential risk, such as managing sickness absence and grievance and disciplinary processes.
In addition to writing articles on employment law issues for various publications, I deliver bespoke in house training for clients.
- Team: Employment
- Based: London
- Successfully defending high value Employment Tribunal claims for discrimination, constructive unfair dismissal and dismissal and detriments related to ‘whistleblowing’ disclosures.
- Acting for the successful Claimant in the case of Thomas v BNP Paribas Real Estate Advisory & Property Management (UKEAT/0134/16/JOJ) in respect of a redundancy dismissal.
- Defending sex and race discrimination claims for an employer client and obtaining a £12,000 costs order in the client’s favour in the Employment Tribunal, where costs orders are rarely granted.
- Negotiating favourable exit terms for senior executives including valuable severance payments in both cash and equity.
- Advising clients on the terms and effect of Collective Agreements and liaising with recognised Trade Unions.
- Enforcing contractual terms including post termination restrictions and confidentiality provisions.
- Drafting and advising upon service agreements for the board of directors of a client prior to a public listing on AIM.
- Advising on the collective consultation obligations of clients on proposed closedowns of all or part of their operations.