Area of expertise/speciality:
Jeremy is the Head of the Litigation and Dispute Resolution Department and is a highly experienced litigator and negotiator. His practice covers all types of general and commercial litigation and dispute resolution.
Jeremy acts for companies, organisations and individuals in relation to their commercial, business and private disputes. He advises on a wide range of claims across the whole spectrum of values including general, commercial and contractual disputes, company/partnership and property disputes, international trade and commission disputes, corporate and personal insolvency, debt and third party recoveries and professional negligence claims.
Jeremy has extensive experience in both the High Court and County Court and regularly deals with matters in the Companies Court and Bankruptcy Court. Jeremy’s work also covers matters referred to Mediations, Tribunals and Arbitrations.
Jeremy has extensive commercial and business experience. He is well regarded for his business acumen and brings a sharp legal mind to all matters he deals with when assisting clients to achieve the most timely and cost effective outcome to disputes.
- 2007 Partner, Magrath LLP
- 2004 – 2007 Partner, Portner and Jaskel
- 1989 – 2004 Partner, Evans Dodd
(Head of Commercial Litigation)
- 1986 – 1989 Partner, Sears Tooth
- 1984 – 1986 Partner, Russell Mishcon & Co
- 1980 – 1984 Philip Hodges & Co
Recent Notable Experience
- Advising and acting for a large number of corporate and individual clients concerning their outstanding debt and insolvency related work, including substantial portfolios, loans and book debts.
- Acting and advising on complex disputes between companies, directors and shareholders.
- Implementing strategies for insolvency practitioners and other professionals concerning their trading and other business disputes.
- Advising agents, manufacturers and service providers on commercial business disputes generally, as well as extending to the manufacture of goods and the provision of services.
- Dealing with all aspects of partnership disputes between professional and non- professional businesses.
Jeremy lives in Hampstead and is married with three grown up children (two sons and a daughter). He is a keen and fit sportsman and enjoys spending time with his family, travelling, walking his dog, watching many sports, as well as reading, theatre, cinema and music when time allows.