We are a top tier Legal 500 ranked immigration and employment law firm in Central London, with an impressive roster of clients, great teams of people and bright open plan offices on Chancery Lane. We are looking for 4 interns to work in our immigration department for a period of 6/7 weeks each during the summer of 2022 starting on either:
- 13 June until 29 July (7 weeks); or
- 1 August until 16 September (6 weeks).
You have an interest in law and the legal profession. You have excellent English language skills, a detail-oriented approach, and are keen to help us deliver optimum service levels to our clients. You are enthusiastic and willing to learn and want to gain real hands-on experience to enhance your CV and career prospects. You are an efficient communicator with good written skills and comfortable with Microsoft Office, Teams, Excel and Outlook.
The Role and Duties
This is a paid internship reporting to a team leader in the immigration department and will be based in our offices. This is not a remote working role. Duties will include:
- Under supervision from your team leader, efficiently and accurately drafting immigration applications for clients.
- Providing administrative support to the wider legal team.
- Contacting clients and government departments to provide regular updates to clients on the progress of applications.
- Researching case law, rules and guidance and providing updates to the wider team.
- Assist with a casework management and file administration.
- Keeping reliable records via the Firm’s bespoke case management systems.
Please send your CV (no more than 2 pages) and covering letter (no more than 1 page) to [email protected] by 20 May 2022.
For details of how we will process your personal data please click here.
Interviews will be conducted via Microsoft Teams or Zoom during the week of 23 May 2022. Successful applicants will be notified by email by the end of May 2022.