I joined the Immigration department as a Newly Qualified Solicitor in May 2006 and was promoted to Associate in 2011, before becoming a Partner in the UK Immigration team in December 2014.
I specialise in all aspects of business and personal immigration law, advising corporate and private clients on a range of immigration issues. In particular I act as lead Partner for a number of large corporate immigration clients, managing their day-to-day HR immigration issues and in the recruitment of non-EEA nationals while ensuring compliance with the immigration legal system.
I have experience in all aspects of the Pont Based System Employer Registration process and regularly advise on immigration pre and post licence compliance issues, conducting site audits and managing the entire process.
I also represent private clients on a breadth of immigration matters including but not limited to applications under Tiers 1-5 of the Points Based System, EEA applications, domestic workers, students, family cases, including unmarried partner and marriage visas, settlement and applications for British citizenship.
I am a member of the Immigration Law Practitioners Association and the Joint Council for the Welfare of Immigrants.
- Team: UK Immigration
- Based: London
- Advising corporate institutions on compliance under the Points Based System, guiding them through their responsibilities and the risks inherent under PBS;
- Creating strategic solutions for business and private clients whilst ensuring adherence to the vast and increasingly complex UK Immigration system;
- Participating in client audits by the Home Office UK Visas and Immigration, assisting clients in conducting mock audits and providing regular training sessions;
- Advising on the implications of BREXIT for European nationals and their families and actively assisting corporate clients with managing their BREXIT Immigration policy for their European employees;
- Advising on numerous family cases: spouse, civil and unmarried partner, children and other relatives;
- Advising on the routes to citizenship: British nationality and citizenship cases;
- Consideration of permanent solutions: indefinite leave to remain/permanent residence applications;
- Advising high net worth individuals on the various routes to residence in the UK and the long-term implications they face under each route; and
- Liaising with UK Visas and Immigration on policy matters, challenging them where there are discrepancies in their guidance and lobbying for positive change in the current regulatory system.