I joined the team at Magrath Sheldrick in 2012 as a Solicitor specialising in UK immigration.
I often advise and assist multinational corporations on a daily basis in relation to the UK Immigration system, providing them on the options and requirements for individuals transferring to the UK. I am involved in training and updating UK sponsors in relation to their changes to the Immigration rules and their obligations to the Home Office when employing non EEA nationals to work for them. In addition to assisting with applying for Sponsor Licences, I am also often involved in Home Office audits. I assist individuals in Entry Clearance or Leave to Remain applications under various categories, helping them through to Indefinite Leave to Remain and Naturalisation as a British Citizen.
I will always consider strategic solutions for businesses to ensure compliance with strict Home Office requirements, whilst ensuring the business needs can be met, often exploring alternative immigration categories.
I am an active member of the Immigration Law Practitioners Association and British American Business.
- Team: UK Immigration
- Based: London
- Advising and assisting in a high profile hostile takeover for a large UK PLC and the effect of that on the Sponsor Licence and any sponsored workers;
- Advising and providing ongoing assistance to a large trade union and professional association on the impact of UK Government policy changes on their members;
- Assisting corporations in Sponsor Licence revocations and liaising with the Home Office to reconsider the revocation;
- Advising and assisting individuals in relation to the Tier 2 Cooling off period and solutions to enable them to re-enter the UK;
- Lobbying the UK Government in relation to the Tier 2 (General) cap imposed, leading to a number of refused restricted certificates of sponsorship;
- Assisting with complex Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) applications for individuals looking to come to the UK to start businesses and navigating the Home Office genuineness requirement.