I joined the firm in March 1999 as the PA to the Senior Partner and became a Paralegal in October 1998. I became a Senior Paralegal in May 2018.
I manage a number of corporate clients advising on a range on immigration matters. I specialise in Tier 2 and Tier 5 applications under the Points Based System but also handle ILR applications, British Citizenship/Registration and British passport applications, and family visa, extension and ILR applications under Appendix FM. I work closely with clients to ensure that their HR records are compliant, carrying out ‘mock audits’ and reviewing personnel files. In addition I handle EEA applications for EU nationals and their family members.
- Team: UK Immigration
- Based: London
- Advising corporate clients (including Premium Sponsors) on their duties and responsibilities as a Tier 2 sponsor company in order to remain compliant and maintain an A rated Sponsor Licence;
- Advising corporate clients on employee right to work checks and the eligibility of new hires to work in the UK, including requirements for new hires to qualify to sponsored under Tier 2 of the Points Based System;
- Handling Tier 2 applications from start to finish, as well as advising on remaining compliant throughout an employee’s period of sponsored employment;
- Similarly handling Tier 5 applications from start to finish for interns under the Government Authorised Exchange scheme, including registering employers with a suitable over-arching sponsor company;
- Handling spouse and family visa and leave to remain applications under the complex Appendix FM category;
- Handling all types of Settlement (ILR) applications after completing a 5 year qualifying period, including Tier 2 (General) applicants, ancestry applicants, and spouses and family under Appendix FM;
- Handling ILR applications under the long-residence category for applicants who have had lived in the UK for 10 years or more;
- Handling EEA applications under the current European Regulations, including registration certificates and permanent residence, and advising clients on the new settled scheme for EEA nationals being introduced in 2018;
- Undertaking British citizenship applications and advising on dual nationality or whether renunciation of citizenship is required if granted British citizenship, as well as dual citizenship and British passport applications, and first adult British passport applications.