Ben joined the firm in 2000 and became Managing Partner in 2014.
He has been recognised for many years as a leading UK immigration expert by the legal community and he is ranked for his expertise in Immigration Law by the main legal directories: Legal 500 and Chambers and Partners. He also appears in Legal Experts (published by Legal Business) and he is rated by Super Lawyers and Global Law Experts. He is recognised in Who’s Who Legal as a thought leader on Brexit.
Ben has acted as immigration counsel to many household name multinational companies. In particular, he has worked for a number of major City institutions operating within the financial services sector in London. He has spoken on immigration law issues to a diverse range of conferences and professional bodies.
He has experience in strategic planning for large organisations and he assists international assignment departments and human resource directors in developing compliance and legal right to work policies. This work has become increasingly important given the emphasis on devolved responsibility within current Tier 2 sponsorship policy.
- Team: UK Immigration
- Based: London
- Contributed to the development of the UK's Points Based System ("PBS") by organising and chairing stakeholder meetings with officials from UK Visas and Immigration as well as directors of PBS Policy.
- Member of International Bar Association ("IBA") immigration committee. Ben has spoken at a number of IBA conferences both in the UK and around the world.
- Member of the Consulting Editorial Board of LexisNexis Immigration PSL.
- Working with British American Business ("BAB") on their Brexit policy and organising regular business immigration conferences in association with BAB.
- Co-Editor of the Corporate Immigration Review, currently in its eighth edition.
- International Associate of American Immigration Lawyer's Association.
- Chair of annual Business Immigration Conference for White Paper Conferences.
- Immigration technical partner to the Expat-Academy.
- Member of the Union Internationale des Avocats.
- Member of the Investment Migration Council.