Given the different scenarios and business structures operating in the marketplace, corporate work demands specialist company commercial expertise to understand what a business wants to achieve and how best to help it reach that. This is particularly the case when assisting with a company sale or merger.
In addition to legal expertise, we have the necessary commercial understanding to be able to undertake negotiations with a clear, informed perspective and knowledge of how best to achieve a successful outcome.
We provide information and support to guide you from the commencement of a deal through to completion. If you have no previous experience of this area we can assist in your understanding of the sale process and will ensure that you feel confident that you are informed of the process. Where you are experienced in commercial transactions we will work efficiently with you to drive progress.
How we can help:
- We can advise on structures for the transaction and work with your other professional advisors to ensure that the deal being contemplated is the right one to achieve your aims.
- We can assist with the due diligence process.
- Depending on the nature of the transaction we can prepare or review the contractual documentation and carry out negotiations of the documents on your behalf.
- It may be necessary for commercial contracts to be reviewed as part of the sale and we can carry out this review and report back to you on any key commercial terms and any areas in the contracts that need further examination.
- We will work with our specialist employment department to ensure you are properly advised on employee obligations, such as those arising under TUPE (Transfer of Undertakings (Protection of Employment) Regulations 2006).
- We offer particular experience in managements buy-outs.
- As the deal progresses closer to completion we draft all ancillary documents and arrange filings at Companies House where applicable.