Area of expertise/speciality:
Joanne qualified as a Solicitor in April 2012, after completing a seat within the Corporate Immigration Department at Magrath.
Joanne typically advises both corporate and private clients on a range of UK immigration options available to them, advising from the initial entry clearance application through to Indefinite Leave to Remain and Naturalisation as a British Citizen.
In particular she specialises in:-
- Assisting Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) applicants in navigating the complex rules in relation to the ‘genuineness’ test and the requirements to gain entry clearance and secure further leave to remain in the UK;
- Advising and assisting corporate clients to obtain a Tier 2 Sponsor Licence, and thereafter in their management of the Sponsorship Management System; on their Sponsor duties in relation to reporting and recordkeeping; on complying with the advertising requirements; and on processes to prevent illegal working.
- Conducting mock compliance audit’s for her corporate clients and often attending Home Office compliance audits and providing legal representation in respect of any action taken by the Home Office compliance unit;
- Tier 2 applications advising migrants and their employers/ sponsors;
- Spouses of British Citizens and meeting the ‘ financial requirement’ both for entry clearance and leave to remain;
- EEA Applications and applications for work authorisation for Croatian Nationals;
- Indefinite Leave to Remain applications for all categories;
- Naturalisation and Registration applications for British Citizenship.
- 2012: Magrath LLP
- 2007 – 2012: Universa Law Limited
The In-House Lawyer:-
“The Immigration Rules and Free Movement of Persons- Preventing Abuse of the Borders” – March 2015
“Changes to the Immigration Rules” – May 2014
“Further Changes from the UK Border Agency” – February 2013
In her spare time Joanne enjoys walking her dogs, catching up with friends and watching a good film.