Area of expertise/speciality:
Brian is a solicitor-advocate with twelve years of immigration experience and advises private individuals through finding unique solutions specific to their circumstances on all matters, which includes both their family and business needs. This includes inter alia:
- Applications by entrepreneurs who wish to invest £200,000 or more into an existing UK company or set up a new company in the UK;
- Applications by individuals who wish to come to the UK to invest £2M or more into the UK economy under the Tier 1 (Investor) category;
- Business visit visas;
- Applications for Tier 2 (General) visas and Tier 2 (ICT) visas for UK companies looking to hire non EEA nationals or transfer existing employees to the UK from their overseas offices;
- Applications by Commonwealth nationals who wish to work in the UK under the UK Ancestry Route;
- Applications for extensions of stay and settlement for entrepreneurs, investors and highly skilled migrants including expedited settlement applications for entrepreneurs (income from business activity of at least £5M) and investors. (investments of £5M – £10M)
- Applications for entry clearance or leave to remain in the UK as a spouse, fiancé, unmarried partner or other dependent relative;
- Applications for Family Permits or Residence Cards for family members or extended family members of European nationals exercising treaty rights in the UK;
- Family visitor and marriage visitor applications.
2012 – Magrath LLP
2012 – PricewaterhouseCoopers Legal LLP
2002 – 2012 – Duncan Lewis
- Applications for British Citizenship under any route.
Appeals & Litigation
- Advising clients on the merits of appealing refusal decisions made by the Home Office in the UK or British Consulates abroad.
- Provides a full service from preparation of the appeal paperwork through to representation at court;
- Applications for Administrative Review where there is no right of appeal;
- Negotiation with British Embassies abroad;
- Advising clients on the merits of Judicial Review where no alternative remedy exists.
- JD (CONGO)  EWCA Civ 327 (Second Appeals Test)
- AL (ALBANIA) and ors  EWCA Civ 710 (Costs in Statutory Appeals)
- LB (Article 3 – Monrovia – Security) Liberia  UKIAT 00299
- AG (Returnees – Deserters – Prison conditions) Rwanda  UKIAT 00289
- RB (Algeria – Berbers) Algeria  UKIAT 00220
- FO (Risk – Service as village guard) Turkey  UKIAT 00042.
Brian is a member of the Inner Temple and enjoys London theatre, travelling and Alpine skiing. He also keeps tropical fish and plays the piano.