Area of expertise/speciality:
Aiysha qualified into the Litigation and Dispute Resolution department having completed her training contract at the firm.
She typically advises small to medium sized companies and individuals on a variety of contractual disputes, She also advises on debt collection on a range of portfolios, general insolvency procedures, property related disputes and professional negligence.
In addition, Aiysha has advised on issuing and defending proceedings in various Courts including, the Companies Court, the High Court and the County Court.
Aiysha’s other experience includes Commercial Court litigation, arbitrations and Privy Council hearings. She has assisted with applications for worldwide freezing orders, search orders and interim and final injunctions.
Aiysha is a Solicitor Advocate and has Higher Rights of Audience in Civil Proceedings.
- 2010: Magrath LLP
- 2008 – 2010: Allen & Overy LLP
- 2001 – 2002: PricewaterhouseCoopers
Notable Recent Experiences
- Assisted with the collection of disputed and undisputed aged debt owed by various franchisees to one supplier
- Issued proceedings for an agency against a former client who refused to pay the commission due to the agency, in breach of his contract
- Advised on the impact of the Freedom of Information Act on a consultancy company
- Defended professional negligence claims for professionals including architects and solicitors
- Represented minority shareholders in shareholder dispute
Aiysha enjoys travelling, sampling new cuisines and reading. She has visited Russia, China, The Middle East and various parts of Africa. Highlights of her trips include scuba diving, climbing the Great Wall of China and driving through the desert.