Area of expertise/speciality:
Zulaykha specialises in all aspects of business and personal immigration law, advising corporate and private clients on a range of immigration issues. In particular she is responsible for working for a number of large corporate immigration clients, assisting in their day-to-day HR immigration issues and in the recruitment of non-EEA nationals.
Zulaykha has experience in all aspects of the Point Based System Employer Registration process. She advises on immigration compliance issues, carries out on site audits and assists with the entire registration procedure.
Zulaykha also specialises in personal immigration, advising private clients on a breadth of immigration matters including but not limited to applications under Tiers 1-5 of the Points Based System, EEA applications, domestic workers, students, family cases, including unmarried partner and marriage visas, settlement and applications for British citizenship.
Zulaykha is a member of the Immigration Law Practitioners Association and the Joint Council for the Welfare of Immigrants.
- English, Gujarati, Urdu (basic) and French (basic)
- 2013 Partner – Magrath LLP
- 2006 Magrath LLP
- 2004 – 2006 CMS Cameron McKenna LLP
Notable Recent Experience
- Advising corporate institutions on compliance under the Points Based System, guiding them through their responsibilities and the risks inherent under PBS;
- Creating strategic solutions for business and private clients whilst ensuring adherence to the vast and increasingly complex UK Immigration system;
- Participating in client audits by the UK Border Agency, assisting clients in conducting mock audits and providing training sessions;
- Advising on numerous family cases: spouse, civil and unmarried partner, children and other relatives;
- Advising on the routes to citizenship: British nationality and citizenship cases;
- Consideration of permanent solutions: indefinite leave to remain/permanent residence applications;
- Advising high net worth individuals on the various routes to residence in the UK and the long-term implications they face under each route; and
- Liaising with the UK Border Agency on policy matters, challenging them where there are discrepancies in their guidance
Zulaykha lives with her husband and two boys. She enjoys keeping fit, reading and has a keen interest in baking and cooking international cuisine. She loves travelling and spent six months on completion of her studies in the Far East. Zulaykha is an avid runner and enjoys participating in various charity runs throughout the year.