Department: Immigration & Employment
Area of expertise/speciality:
Chris is the senior partner and the head of the Immigration and Employment Law Departments.
As a dual qualified practising English solicitor, and US attorney, Chris has over 20 years of cross border experience in corporate and private UK and US immigration.
Chris assists clients from the global financial community as well as representing a wealth of commercial clients and international business brands. He is also a Director of the British American Business Inc.
Ranked number one in the legal directories, Chris believes in maintaining a hands on approach to keep abreast of constant legal developments.
With expertise in both Immigration and Employment Law, Chris advises and acts on a wide of spectrum of legal matters which ranges from resolving day-to-day HR problems to addressing major transactional and strategic issues such as recruitment or redundancies of workers.
Chris has extensive knowledge of the UK Immigration Points Based System, including the Employer Registration Process to secure Sponsor Licences. He acts as key contact and level 1 user for a large number of commercial organisations.
Chris also represents wealthy entrepreneurs and investors wishing to relocate to the US or the UK.
Chris is a member of the New York Bar, AILA, the Immigration Law Practitioners’ Association and the Employment Lawyer’s Association.
Chris has lectured extensively on Immigration and Employment issues in the UK, the US and Europe.
- The Corporate Immigration Review – Edition 5
- The Corporate Immigration Review – Edition 4
- Working in the United Kingdom: A Guide to UK Immigration Law for Overseas Nationals
- Co-authored “A Practical Guide to Disciplinary, Grievance & Performance Management Guide” with Adele Martins Partner in the Employment Department.
- 1986 Admitted to New York State Bar
- 1975 Admitted as a Solicitor in England & Wales
- 1973 College of Law (London)
- 1972 Trinity College, Dublin
- University BA (Hons)
- 1990 to date – Senior Partner at Magrath LLP
- 1977 – 1990 – Partner at Powell Magrath & Spencer
- 1976 – 1977 – Evan Davis & Co
- 1973 – 1976 – Brian Thompson & Partners
Chris is an avid tennis player and an equally enthusiastic supporter of the Irish Rugby Team and Manchester City football club.