Area of Expertise
Adele’s practice covers all aspects of contentious and non-con- tentious employment law. She has a client base ranging from multinational PLCs to small companies as well as some private individuals. Adele is named as an expert in the Legal Experts Directory.
Adele has broad experience of Employment Tribunal and High Court litigation and frequently advises companies and individual senior executives on termination of employment, breaches of contract and severance terms. Adele had extensive experience of advising on the drafting and enforcement of complex restrictive covenants, garden leave, contract terminations and injunction proceedings. Adele regularly deals with complaints of unfair dismissal and discrimination in the Employment Tribunal and in addition to HR support, provides clinics and training courses to corporate clients on a regular basis.
Adele advises a broad range of corporate clients on all aspects of the employment relationship, from recruitment to termination, including drafting and changing terms of employment, disciplinary and grievance issues, data protection, confidential information, whistle-blowing, TUPE, equality and diversity, redundancy procedures, capability and severance.
Adele regularly lectures on employment law and is the co-author of “A Practical Guide to Disciplinary, Grievance & Performance management”, which was published by Legalease in September 2004.
- 2003 – Partner Magrath LLP
- 2000 – Magrath LLP
- 1998 – 2000 Allen & Fraser
- 1996 – 1998 Haring Ross Gagrat & Gardi
Notable Recent Experiences
• Advising numerous corporate clients on restructuring, collective redundancy consultation, severance arrangements and termination payments, including liaising with applicable Trade Unions in relation to procedural requirements, and the negotiation of termination payments
• Advising individuals within the financial services sector on objections to transfers under TUPE. Successfully conducting the ensuing litigation surrounding the failure to inform and consult, constructive unfair dismissal and breach of contract
• Negotiating complex executive exits and severance arrange- ments for individuals from a range of industry sectors including Kent County Council, oil companies, well known sporting bodies and various businesses operating in the financial services sector
• Defending a breach of contract claim brought against a group of individuals in the High Court in relation to alleged breaches of restrictive covenants following a TUPE transfer
• Defending a claim in the Employment Tribunal against a national newspaper for unfair dismissal and discrimination under the Equality Act 2010 arising from the refusal to agree a request for flexible working
• Adele represented S&GR Valuations in the case of S&GR Valuations v Bordais and others, a case involving a team move including issues relating to the removal of confidential information. The case testing the law in relation to the right to work and significantly extending the ambit of garden leave.
Adele enjoys reading books on writers and artists of the Lost Generation, in particular Sara and Gerald Murphy, F Scott Fitzgerald, Hemmingway, Dos Passos et al. Adele enjoys tennis (despite her lousy game) and is an avid skier, turned snow-boarder, turned skier. Adele is still trying to master the French language and enjoys escaping to France whenever she can. She has two children and lives in central London.