Area of Expertise
Adele, is a Partner and head of Magrath’s Employment Department. Her practice covers all aspects of contentious and non contentious Employment Law. She has a client base ranging from multinational PLC’s to small companies as well as private individuals.
Adele has extensive experience of advising on the drafting and enforcement of complex restrictive covenants, garden leave, contract terminations and injunction proceedings. Adele has broad experience of Employment Tribunals and High Court Litigation and frequently advises companies and individual senior executives on termination of employment, breaches of contract and severance terms. Adele regularly deals with complaints of unfair dismissal and discrimination in the Employment Tribunal and in addition to HR support, provides clinics and training courses to corporate clients on a regular basis.
Adele advises on all aspects of the employment relationship, from recruitment to termination, including drafting and changing terms of employment, disciplinary and grievance issues, data protection, confidential information, whistle-blowing, TUPE, equality and diversity, redundancy procedures, capability and severance.
Adele regularly lectures on Employment Law and is the co-author of “A Practical Guide to Disciplinary, Grievance & Performance Management”, which was published by Legalease in September 2004.
- 2003 – Partner Magrath LLP
- 2000 – Magrath LLP
- 1998 – 2000 Allen & Fraser
- 1996 – 1998 Haring Ross Gagrat & Gardi
Notable Recent Experiences
• Advising numerous corporate clients on restructuring, collective redundancy consultation, severance arrangements and termination payments, including liaising with applicable Trade Unions in relation to procedural requirements, and the negotiation of termination payments
• Negotiating complex executive exits and severance arrange- ments for individuals from a range of industry sectors including NHS, investment banks, Tesco and oil companies, well known sporting bodies and various businesses operating in the financial services sector
• Advising Delfont Mackintosh Theatres Limited and Cameron Mackintosh Limitied on the TUPE implications and consultation process upon the purchase of the Victoria Palace Theatre
• Adele represented S&GR Valuations in the case of S&GR Valuations v Bordais and others, a case involving a team move including issues relating to the removal of confidential information. The case testing the law in relation to the right to work and significantly extending the ambit of garden leave.
• Recently launched Magrath HR through which provides outsourced HR services to a number of SMEs.
Adele enjoys reading books on writers and artists of the Lost Generation, in particular Sara and Gerald Murphy, F Scott Fitzgerald, Hemmingway, Dos Passos et al. Adele enjoys tennis (despite her lousy game) and is an avid skier, turned snow-boarder, turned skier. Adele is still trying to master the French language and enjoys escaping to France whenever she can.