Area of expertise/speciality:
Nichola joined the Employment Practice in March 2016.
Nichola advises employers and employees on a wide range of matters both contentious and non-contentious. She has considerable experience of advising employers in respect of day to day matters such as disciplinary processes, grievances and redundancy/ restructure as well as in respect of more complex issues such the enforcement of restrictive covenants and the effect of TUPE.
As part of her non-contentious case load, Nichola has experience of drafting bespoke documentation for a wide range of businesses including contracts of employment, handbooks and Settlement Agreements.
Nichola’s contentious case load includes a variety of litigation across the Employment Tribunal, Employment Appeal Tribunal and Court of Appeal. She has particular experience of defending claims relating to discrimination, whistleblowing and TUPE and also has experience of conducting Tribunal advocacy.
Nichola has provided in house training to clients as well as external training to HR practitioners.
- Magrath LLP – 2016
- Rawlison Butler LLP – 2015 – 2016
- Hatchers Solicitors – 2009 – 2010
Notable Recent Experiences
• Advising a corporate client in respect of an exit strategy for the removal of a director shareholder with over twenty years’ service.
• Representing a client in respect of its defence of multiple claims issued by its former Managing Director, Operations Director and another senior individual.
• Advising a corporate client on an employee’s breach of restrictive covenants and theft of confidential information.
In her spare time Nichola enjoys travelling, skiing and spending time at music festivals. Nichola also enjoys going to the theatre and catching up with friends over a glass of wine.