Area of Expertise/Speciality:
Davina works within the Immigration Department, advising both corporate and private clients on all aspects of immigration and nationality law and procedure.
In particular, she specializes in:
- Advising and assisting Sponsors in their management of the Sponsorship Management System; on their Sponsor duties in relation to reporting and recordkeeping; on complying with the advertising requirements; and on processes to prevent illegal working.
- Tier 2 applications advising migrants and their employers/ sponsors.
- Tier 1 applications particularly in the Entrepreneur category and extensions in the General category.
- Applications for indefinite leave to remain for Points Based System migrants and their dependant family members.
- Naturalisation and Registration applications.
- Applications for entry clearance, leave to remain and indefinite leave to remain under the other categories of the Immigration Rules and the European Regulations.
Davina is experienced in providing legal help and advice on Asylum and Human Rights law. She has also dealt extensively with appeals to the Tribunal (Immigration and Asylum Chamber) and with applications for Judicial Review before the High Court.
Davina has also worked in other jurisdictions having undertaken legal internships at the United Nations (Division of Policy Development and Law) and at law firms in South Africa and Argentina.
Davina enjoys sports, taking a keen interest in being a fantasy football manager during game weeks. In the non virtual world, she enjoys playing badminton, squash, table tennis and frescobol. She is also an avid traveller who enjoys experiencing different cultures and cuisines.