Please join us for:
WHERE DO WE GO FROM HERE…?
British American Business Inc (BABi) 2014
Business Immigration Conference
Wednesday 24 September 2014 2pm at BMA House, Tavistock Square, London, WC1H 9JP.
This flagship annual business immigration conference will assess:
In the United Kingdom the coalition government’s achievements over the course of this parliament and consider what changes we should be recommending to the new administration in 2015.
- In view of the spectacular failure to reduce net migration to the tens of thousands over the course of this parliament, has the attempt to reduce net migration been of benefit or is it merely a political exercise?
- Should the government be considering abandoning the annual limit on Tier 2 sponsored migrants and looking at ways to open up the labour market to skilled talent from overseas?
- Has there been any economic benefit to the introduction of quotas?
- Have the major structural reforms to the Points Based System been successful or valuable?
- Should we reintroduce supply-side migration under Tier 1?
- What has been the impact of toughening up of the Points Based System on business and industry?
In the United States President Obama has failed to introduce reforming immigration legislation.
- What are the key trends in the US and what can we expect from his final two years in office?
- Is there any prospect of immigration reform in the US?
Our speakers include:
Rt Hon Keith Vaz MP, Chairman of the Parliamentary Home Affairs select committee.
The Hon Stephen McPartland MP, Parliamentary Private Secretary to the Minister of State for Trade and Investment.
Jeffrey Lodinsky, Acting Consul General, US Embassy, London.
Jeremy Oppenheim, Director of Growth and External Engagement, International and Immigration Policy Group, Home Office.
Ellen L Poreda, Partner, Gibney, Anthony and Flaherty LLP, New York
Ezeibe Agomo, Manager – Global People Movement, Sapient Limited.
Clients of Magrath LLP are entitled to a free place.
To arrange a place please email [email protected] or speak to your usual Magrath contact.